Monday, March 29, 2010

How to Get the Perfect Blowdry at Home

Client Testimonial:

"I have been Michelle's client for nearly 3 years now. I always leave the salon with a fantastic haircut, beautiful color, a great style, and products that have been selected for my hair type and cut. The problem I had was the next day, my hair just didn't look like it did when I left the salon. I know I'm not the most talented stylist but spending 20 minutes drying and styling my hair should result in a pretty good look! At my last appointment, I told Michelle that I just wasn't getting the results that I wanted at home. She asked me to show her what I was doing when I dried and styled my hair. That was the key. She asked me to show her what I was doing. And the problem was discovered right there. She could see that I was trying to dry too much hair at one time, thus losing the definition to my long layers. She happily showed me how much hair to grab and dry at a time, and to work through each layer to enhance it and create the body and movement that she always creates. I followed her instruction exactly and I got the results I wanted at home - FINALLY!
It's simple - you can get a really good cut and purchase great products but if you haven't been taught how to dry and style your hair, you'll only have the look you want the day of your appointment.

If you aren't getting the look you want at home, show your stylist just what you're doing and I'm sure she'll be more than happy to show you her styling tricks. After all, when you look good, it makes your stylist look good!"


Michelle's Tips for Medium to Long Length Blow Drys:

Suggested Products:
Enjoy Luxury Shampoo & Conditioner
Redken Outshine (smoothing serum)
Redken Guts (root lifter)
Enjoy Super Hold Hair Spray

Suggested Styling Tools:
CombMV3 Round Brush
Blow dryer (with nozzle!)

The Process:
Wash your hair with Enjoy Luxury Shampoo & Conditioner. Start by towel drying your hair after washing. Comb through your hair, use a dime size of "Redken Outshine", and apply through your ends. Pull your hair up in sections, apply guts to your root, and massage into your hair and scalp. Once you have done this, section your hair into four or five horizontal parts and clip. Begin with the bottom section, underneath, and select small 2 to 3 inch sections to blow dry individually with the MV3 round brush. After the bottom section is completely dry, move on to the section above, and so on until you reach the last/top section. Once your hair is completely dry and styled the way you wish spray with Enjoy Super Hold Hair Spray. Use just enough to hold your look without making your hair stiff. And there you have it! The perfect, at home, blow dry.

Want a personal lesson? Make an appointment with any of the Dollies for a blow dry style. The cost is $30, and you will receive a shampoo, a blow dry, and a short lesson on how to achieve your finished salon look at home!

CALL TODAY! (623) 879-6969




And, make a first time appointment with our Dolly, Michelle, and receive 20% off ALL services!






No comments:

Post a Comment