Monday, April 19, 2010

How to Subtly Change Your Hair Color by Melissa

How to Subtly Change Your Hair Color
Beauty Tip
By Melissa Rossi

Question: I'm wanting to go darker with my natural color. I don't want it to look too dramatic, and I still want it to stay close to what my natural color is. How can I achieve this without dying all of my hair one solid color.

Melissa's Answer: When you decide to do any type of highlighting or lowlighting, think, less is more when it comes to contrast. Try to stay within three levels lighter or darker. If you're naturally dark brown, stay within your range. A pretty caramel or warm colors would work best. Black and platinum are not very pretty. Shiny, subtle dimension will never be "out of style".

You can explain this to your stylist, and they'll know what you mean. It's easy for clients to sometimes be miss understood when they come in asking to go from dark to light or vice versa. Make sure you are clear on exactly what you want (pictures always help!), and that you want to stay within three levels of your natural/current hair color. This will ensure a beautiful color that you are bound to love!



Call today to schedule your first time appointment at Dollyrockers, and receive 20% off all services with Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment